It’s actually a Two-Step Mango Ice Cream that I made after tweaking Nigella Lawson’s One-Step No Churn Coffee Ice Cream. It’s fairly simple and you don’t need an ice cream or sorbet machine for it.
Makes about 1 litre
- Mangoes: 2 (1 pureed and cooked, another diced)
- Fresh Cream: 250 ml (I used Amul)
- Condensed Milk: Half a can (roughly 175-180 ml)
- Vanilla/Pineapple essence: 1 tsp
- Whisk cream, condensed milk and essence together until soft peaks form. The mixture will practically double up in this process.
- Fold in the puree and the diced mangoes. Freeze in an airtight container.
- It’s best to used chilled cream. If you live in a place that has really hot weather like mine, use a metallic bowl. Keep it in the freezer before you start so that the bowl is chilled too. Mount the bowl over an ice bath or place a folded towel beneath it to maintain the temperature.
- The process involves vigorous whisking so if the climate is hot, chances are that you end up over beating the cream. Which is why, the keeping the bowl cold is important.